Axel 4020 Series
DYNAMIC LARGE SHEET LASER PROCESSING CENTER
The Axel 4020 offers maximum performance when processing thin sheets and thick materials. The high pressure (clean cut) cutting head can hold a 5”, 7.5” or 10” cutting lens. The high-pressure cutting head produces exceptionally clean cuts and is equipped with a safety system that protects the head from collision with the workpiece. The high beam quality of the machine allows processing of thin material at extremely high speeds up to 40 metres/min (1575 IPM) and thick material up to 25 mm mild steel with high quality surface finishes.
INTEGRATED LASER & CNC CONTROL
The laser source, CNC, PLC and motors are integrated and interfaced as a complete system to optimize machine performance, offering high speed and reliability, low operating and maintenance costs.
The integrated control provides perfect reproduction of programmed contours, producing acute angles at high speed. All parameters, diagnostic and start-up procedures are conveniently displayed on a color screen. The 32-bit control also features powerful mathematical capabilities and an extensive material library.
HIGH PROCESSING SPEED WITH SUPERIOR QUALITY
The frame design incorporates high precision hardened guideways and optimal drive systems to achieve high-speed acceleration and positioning speeds. The rigid frame construction minimizes deformation caused by high acceleration, improving overall machine accuracy.
LVD’s Axel 4020 features a constant beam length system that keeps the diameter of the laser beam constant, maintaining a fixed focal point position. The result is higher cutting speeds and superior cut quality maintained over the entire working area.
INTEGRATED AUTOMATION & OPTIONAL LOAD / UNLOAD
The Axel 4020 is designed with a modular construction. The machine is standard with integrated shuttle tables for continuous, uninterrupted part processing. The shuttle table design allows one table to be loaded while the machine is cutting on the other table, maximizing uptime.
The Axel 4020 is available with an automated load/unload system and can be retrofitted with such a system at a later date.
- Dynamic laser processing of thick and thin materials
- In sheet sizes up to a full 4000 x 2000 mm (157" x 78")
- Incorporates the latest in linear drive technology
- Standard with integrated shuttle tables or optional automated load/unload system
- High pressure cutting head accepts a 5”, 7.5” or 10” cutting lens
- Laser Eye optical sensor referencing system provides automatic and non-contact sheet referencing
- Capacitive height sensing maintains a constant distance between the head and the material being processed and adjusts to any undulations in the plate
- NC focus control for rapid changeover times and optimised cutting
- Constant beam length system ensures consistent cutting over the entire cutting area
- NC Optimization maximizes machine productivity without operator intervention by automatically determining the cutting head motion based on travel distance
- Fast cut-to-cut workpiece changeover
- High reliability with low maintenance and operation costs
- Integrated LVD - Fanuc machine, control, laser source and motor drive package
- High performance linear models available with 2.5 , 4 or 5 kW resonators achieving cutting speeds up to 40 m/min (1575 IPM) for maximum output
- Available with an automated load/unload system and can be retrofitted with such a system at a later date
- Plasma detection feature
- Integrated automation optional load/unload
- Choice of 2.5, 4 or 5 kW laser sources
- Cadman-L offline software
Axel 4020 S
Axel 4020 L
Axel 4020 L2 / L2.2
Axel 4020 L3
Axel 4020 LT